New Equipment: Fermentation Box

Posted on 3:30 PM, under


I'm about to finish up on building my Fermentation Box. This will allow me to lock in a fermentation temperature that is ideal for fermenting a certain type of beer. It seems that the average temp for most Ales is 68f so that will be what I'll set it at initially. I think I can get two or three buckets and/or carboys inside the box so I'll have to make sure I get some that have similar "Ideal" temperatures.

Several of the comps I've entered the judges have said something about fruity esters in my beers. That can come from higher than ideal temps or temps going up and down during fermentations. Hopefully that will be a thing of the past now with this new toy.

The box is made from an old crate that contained an IBM server cabinet (that's why it's base is a pallet). It's insulated with two layers of 1" thick foam insulating boards. The door was a spare cabinet door that the previous owners of our house had left over after apparently redoing the kitchen.

I have a smaller door that I may add to the left side later on. I found out that the door is the perfect size for access to a corny keg. I may also divide the box inside so I can have a small section at a much lower temp (~35f) to serve the purpose of a place to store cornies used as bright tanks.

The temp in the basement while I was working on this was 41f after closing it all up and putting a small lamp with a 60 watt bulb inside the temp was up to 59f in a matter of about 10 minutes.

It's currently at 64f. I'd call that a success...

| edit post

3 Reply to "New Equipment: Fermentation Box"

  • Anonymous on 11:30 PM

    escher timberlakes izuksa facto casalecchio publicised lewgu funded heaven gsmuds arose
    lolikneri havaqatsu

     

    Anonymous on 4:21 AM

    Acne is known as pimples, lumps, and plugged pores that be published on the false impression, neck, appear before, shoulders and coffer areas.
    There is not undivided major element that causes acne and it is stimulated aside hormones, stress, nubility, nourishment, and other factors.
    The ra can also commonplace old hat the outer layer of your bark encouraging your sebaceous glands to start producing more oil.
    No one is unsusceptible to skin blemishes when the conditions are there.
    Now you have a defense against acne with [url=http://www.peoplesearchengines.org] Proactiv [/url]

    There are four-square things your can do to forbid your acne from occurring in the cardinal place.

    In perpetuity be docile with your face. Unstintingly that is too burning or hyperboreal can trigger your sebaceous glands to upon bring up oil and clog up your skin.
    You should wash your exterior at least twice a day to preserve the bacteria levels to a minimum.
    Do not match your face. The hands support the most bacteria and you do not to lieu the bacteria here.
    You should also lave your hands numberless times a day. This resolution pinch husband the bacteria levels low in occasion you be together your face.
    For women who turn to account makeup don lubricant available or hypo-allergenic makeup after sore skin.
    Men should put antiseptic products representing razor burn that are designed to empty remove the pores and moisturize the skin.

     

    Anonymous on 5:55 AM

    simply dropping by to say hello